DAAD Information Centre Tehran
Temporary Discontinuation of Our Activities
The DAAD regrets to suspend the activities of its Information Centre in Tehran until further notice. As an organisation of German universities and student bodies, this step is not easy for us. We stand for academic exchange and cross-border scientific cooperation, even in challenging times. We hope that we will be able to resume our work in Iran in the near future.
The DAAD Information Centre (IC) in Tehran was established in April 2014. Our aim is to promote academic exchange between Germany and Iran. Our tasks are:
- Advising on all issues related to study and research in Germany,
- organising information events on studying in Germany at the IC and at Iranian universities,
- information about the scholarship programmes of the DAAD and other German organisations (e.g. Alexander von Humboldt Foundation) for students and teachers,
- promotion of study and research opportunities and interface between Iranian and German institutions,
- promotion of cooperation between German and Iranian universities,
- maintaining contacts with Iranian alumni of German universities and with multipliers in the field of education and research.
- In addition, we are the contact for German academics and students in Iran.